Gilpin County is currently under Stage 1 Fire Restrictions. Learn more.


Emergency Assistance and Food Assistance


Food Assistance

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits are not cash benefits but enables low-income individuals and families to buy nutritious food with an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. An interview is required in the application process and can be done over the phone. You can apply online, come in to our office, or call us to receive the application by mail or email. We also have applications available 24/7 between the two front doors of our office and the food pantry. Applications can be dropped off at our drop box locations at the same buildings.

Contact David Josselyn at 303-582-5444 ext 7204 or

Fillable Benefits Application

DHS - Colorado Application for Public Assistance Spanish Application
This application will allow individuals and families to apply for public assistance in Spanish. This can be used to apply for food assistance (SNAP), Medical assistance (HealthFirst Colorado's Medicaid, CHP+, Medicare Savings Programs) and Cash Assistance (TANF, Adult Financial AND, OAP).

Emergency Assistance

Limited rent, utility, car repair and other emergency assistance is provided for income eligible Gilpin County residents as funds are available.

Contact Jennifer Josselyn at 303-582-5444 ext 7202 or

Fillable Application: