Masks are suggested in all County buildings and may be available in the office you are visiting.
To pay property taxes you may...
- Mail a Check
Mail your checks to Gilpin County Treasurer, PO Box 368, Central City, CO 80427. If you need a receipt, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please call 303-582-5222 for updated tax amounts.
- Pay by Electronic Check or Credit Card
Note the following fees to pay online:
- electronic check - $1.50 fee
- credit card - 2.5% fee with a $2.00 minimum charge
You may also pay your taxes over the phone by calling 833-691-2700.
Payment may not show on your account for 7-10 days.
Sign Up Now to Receive Emailed Tax Notices in 2023
- Locate your most current tax notice for the process.
- Click here to get started.
- Click on I have Read the Above Statement.
- Login as a Public User.
- Enter your account number and Search.
- Open the account.
- On the far left under Account Links, click on Verify My Email.
- Enter the Secret Key Text from your current tax notice.
- Enter the email address you wish the notice sent to.
- Click on Verify Email.
Once you sign up for emailed Tax Notices, you will NOT receive the paper version. You should receive your notice by the beginning of February. Please contact our office if you do not.
Gilpin County Treasurer
Mary R. Lorenz
P.O. Box 368 (Mailing Address)
203 Eureka Street
Central City, CO 80427
Elected in 2019. Term ending in 2023.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tax Payment Deadlines
First Half Due: Feb. 28
Full Payment Due: Apr. 30
Second Half Due: June 15