Colorado Revised Statute 30-10-903 Duties and powers of the county surveyor.
The duties of the county surveyor are:
- To represent the county in boundary disputes pursuant to sections 30-6-110 and 30-10-906;
- To notify the county attorney of any unsettled boundary disputes or boundary discrepancies within the county which may come to his attention;
- To file in the office of the county surveyor, or in the office of the County Clerk and Recorder if there is no office for the county surveyor in the county, all surveys, field notes, calculations, maps, and any other records pertaining to work authorized and financed by the board of county commissioners. All surveys made by the county surveyor or his deputies shall be numbered consecutively by the county surveyor, and all field notes and calculations pertaining to such surveys shall be endorsed by the county surveyor with the number of the survey to which they pertain.
Gilpin County Surveyor
The county surveyor may, when authorized by the board of county commissioners:
- Conduct surveys to establish the boundaries of county property, including road rights-of-way, or any other surveys necessary to the county;
- Accept for filing maps of surveys that establish monuments and keep a current record of all survey monuments within the county;
- Examine all survey maps and plats before they are recorded by the county clerk and recorder to insure proper content and form.