Gilpin County is a great place to work, play and live. Begin your career today with Gilpin County Government. It's easy!
Gilpin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO).
- How to Apply
Online Application: Gilpin County now has an online application process. Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted. Click current job opportunities to apply for a position. You will need an email address to apply online.
Applying in Person: A public computer is available for use at the Gilpin County Human Resources office, 495 Apex Valley Road, Black Hawk, Colorado. Application hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Application Requirements
- All positions require a Gilpin County employment application.
- A separate application is required for each position and is accepted only for OPEN positions. No “general” applications will be accepted.
- Please read the job announcement carefully to be sure your background meets the position requirements.
- If the job posting has a closing date, the posting is removed at 12:01 a.m. on the closing date listed.
- Fingerprinting Requirement from Colorado Bureau of Investigation is conducted by Colorado Fingerprinting, 301 Kalamath St #102, Denver, CO 80223, 720-292-2722 or 1-833-224-2227, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Action After Application Submittal
- We evaluate your application to determine whether you qualify by comparing your skill set and experience to the minimum job qualifications and/or requirements.
- You will be notified as to whether you meet those qualifications or requirements.
- Qualified applicants may be brought in for pre-employment testing.
- After careful review, the hiring team selects which candidates to interview.Please note that simply fulfilling the minimum qualifications or requirements does not ensure an interview.
- Job Benefits
Beyond pay Gilpin County offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, long-term care, life insurance, contributions to a 401(a) plan, optional 457 plan, employee assistance program, paid vacation, sick and holidays, and much more.
Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 366
Central City, CO 80427
495 Apex Valley Road
Black Hawk, CO 80422
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.