Assessor Header

Helpful Information

Electronic Notice of Valuation

Please go to https://enoticesonline.com/ To create an account. You will need the following information: Name, Email, Password, and *Authorization Code

You will receive an email with the activation link to confirm your email address before you will be allowed to log in to your account. *Please email anielsen@gilpincounty.org or jhunt@gilpincounty.org to obtain authorization code.

Assessment Process Overview

The assessment process involves setting standards for fair and equitable values, discovering and listing information about properties and determining property values. It also involves analyzing the values to ensure they meet the standards of fair assessment and certifying the assessment roll to the appropriate taxing authorities.

To ensure equalization, the assessor must determine residential property values by using only appropriate market information. Values for most other properties are determined from relevant cost, market and income data.

Taxing Authority

Taxing authorities within Gilpin County include, but are not limited to, entities such as schools, fire protection districts, water and sewer districts, recreation districts, cities and towns, library districts and the county government itself.

Mill Levy

Each year the county commissioners, city and town councils, school boards, and the boards of special districts are required by law to hold public hearings to determine their operating budgets, and the number of dollars that will be required from taxpayers. Public notice of such hearings is required.

After the taxing body has determined its tax requirements, it divides that amount by the assessed value of taxable property as determined by the Assessor. The result is called the mill levy.

A mill is a $1 revenue for each $1,000 of assessed valuation.
Ad valorem taxes means according to value.

How Taxes are Calculated

The following formula is used to calculate the amount of taxes due:
Actual Value X Assessment Rate X Mill levy = Property Taxes Due
The actual value of each property in Gilpin County is estimated by the Assessor’s Office.

Gilpin County Assessor

April Nielsen, Assessor


Elected 2022.  Term ending in 2027 (first term)

Phone: 303-582-5451

203 Eureka Street
P.O. Box 338
Central City, CO 80427

Office Hours: Monday thru Thursday
7:30am to 5:30pm

Dave Kurronen, Chief Appraiser

Cindy Johnson, Property Transfer Clerk

Mary Coan, Appraisal Associate

Julie Hunt, Chief Deputy