Youth Camp K - 6th Licensed Childcare
- To register your child(ren):
- Click here for 2022-2023 Registration Packet read, complete, and sign the form, then email it to (email@example.com), or drop it off at least one day before your child’s first day of care at the community center. Everyone enrolled must fill out a new packet for the 2022-2023 school season.
- Review the parent handbook, complete signature page and return to Jake.
- If your child needs medication while at camp, forms must be completed before your child can attend. Medication Authorization Form or Allergy and Anaphylaxis Plan. Please contact Jake Rippy, firstname.lastname@example.org, for any questions. These forms should be received and approved at least 24 hours before being in camp.
- Once registration is confirmed, enroll your child(ren) for specific days:
- Please note – you MUST complete a registration packet before enrolling your child. See link above for a copy of the packet.
- Once Registered, visit our registration website here to enroll for days: https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/gilpinparksandrec/activity/search…;
- If you had a login for this site before, it is still valid, although you may need to reset your password. Please update your children and any other household contacts as family members.
- Check to make sure all information is correct and up to date for you and your child(ren). You can check this by clicking on “My Account” towards the top right of the screen. Then click “Edit Account”. This screen will show all of the information for the primary account holder. To edit other family members, scroll to the bottom of the screen, select the family member you would like to edit, and click “edit member” under the family members selection box. If a family member is missing, you may add them here by clicking on the “add member” link under the family members selection box.
- Once you’re logged in and everyone’s information is up to date, click on the program link you want to enroll your child in.
- Now you should see a calendar of days available for that section.
- First, select the child you would like to enroll in the drop-down menu next to “Name of Registrant”
- Select the days you would like to enroll that child.
- Click “continue” at the top right.
- Review the days you have selected, and corresponding fees.
- Verify that you have completed a registration packet with the drop-down menu underneath the enrollment information (select “Yes”).
- Accept the waiver (check box).
- Click “add to cart.”
- You may now return to the day camp selection screen to add on a different type of camp (summer camp, afterschool or Fridays), or sign up for additional children.
- Once you have added all of the desired days of care for all of your children, click the “Shopping Cart” link towards the top right of the screen. Then click the “Checkout” button, and follow directions for payment.
- You can also enroll your child at the Community Center front desk.
- Other notable changes...
Our program is now largely funded by a substance abuse block grant through the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health. As a part of the grant requirements, we are implementing some educational curriculum on various days of afterschool. Kindergarteners through second graders will take part in Positive Action lessons. You can find more information about that curriculum here: Positive Action Curriculum & Program | Positive Action. 3rd through 6th graders will take part in a Botvin Lifeskills class. You can find information about those classes here: Botvin LifeSkills Training Elementary School Program |Botvin LifeSkills Training. Each child will take part in just one 20-30 minute lesson per week, along with others in their grade. The specific schedule for these lessons is to be determined, and we will share that with you as soon as it is confirmed. After the lessons each day, children will participate in the same types of activities that we offered before (gym games, crafts, swimming, etc.).
As an added benefit to this funding, we are able to offer care AT NO COST for whatever day your child participates in their weekly lesson. Once we have a set schedule for the lessons, we will set up separate enrollment options for those days, based on grade-level – just make sure you select the free option when you enroll your child. I will send more details once this is set up.
The grant also requires that we evaluate the effectiveness of our program among several different factors. To do this, we will survey the children shortly after they register for the program, and again at the end of each semester, or the end of a complete Lifeskills class – whichever is most applicable. These surveys will be completely confidential, but you may choose to opt-out if you don’t want your child to take the surveys. To opt-out, just make a note on their registration form, or email me directly. Your children will also always have the option not to participate when we administer the surveys.
Looking forward, unless there are any significant changes to public health recommendations or funding, or we are unable to find adequate staff, we do plan on operating summer camp this year, with our usual hours (Mon-Fri 7:30a – 6:00p), all summer long. We’ll send out more information about that in the next month or so.
Please help us spread the word, and share this message with any other parents or local youth-serving individuals or organizations!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact me any time via email or the community center’s phone: 303-582-1453.
All of us over at the Community Center are so excited to be able to offer this service again, and to work with you and your children!
- CSU Extension EAGLE Teen Program
Please visit https://gilpin.extension.colostate.edu/programs/4-h-eagle/.